Amdocs Launches Machine-to-Machine and Cloud-Based Connected Home Solutions to Speed Service Providers’ Entry Into the Connected Devices Market
Solutions enable service providers to add new revenue streams and increase average revenue per user
ST. LOUIS (February 01, 2012) – Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems, today announced the launch of two new solutions that enable service providers to quickly and cost-effectively enter the fast-growing connected devices market. Amdocs M2M (Machine-to-Machine) and Connected Home solutions enable service providers to create new revenue streams, provide a unified customer experience and allow them to compete with over-the-top providers, all of which helps them increase average revenue per user (ARPU).
- Amdocs M2M solution: A pre-packaged, pre-configured end-to-end solution based on production-proven technology that allows service providers to quickly onboard and support partners offering M2M applications such as smart utility meters, connected electrical vehicles and connected wellness. The real-time solution can support multiple dynamic business models including converged, prepaid and postpaid and complex M2M value chain, handling a wide variety of services and huge volumes of devices. Predefined, easily configurable partner templates for tariff plans, business processes, access profiles and user-interfaces enable rapid onboarding and support of any M2M partners. The solution is also highly flexible with the ability to change business processes, portals and tariff plans in a matter of minutes. The solution addresses service providers’ concerns of margin erosions from related customer support costs by transferring common operational aspects to M2M partners, with self-management tools for ordering, provisioning and trouble ticketing.
- Amdocs Connected Home solution: A cloud-based solution that enables service providers to rapidly launch pre-packaged home and business services such as remote security, energy, health and multimedia. These out-of-the-box services considerably reduce service provider development times and back-office investment costs such as service on-boarding, inventory control, billing and customer care. Unlike the siloed offerings of over-the-top providers, Amdocs Connected Home solution can be easily integrated with existing business and operational support systems (B/OSS) and core network elements. In so doing, service providers have the opportunity to leverage their intimate knowledge of their customers across all services to provide an unprecedented, unified experience. Amdocs Connected Home solution can allow service providers to increase revenue by up to 5 percent#, while enriching the customers’ digital life experience and loyalty – many customers are willing to sign 24-36 month contracts for their connected home services.
“We expect to see interest for these solutions across North America and Europe,” said Rebecca Prudhomme, Amdocs vice president for product and solutions marketing. “As part of the Amdocs CES portfolio and combined with our wide range of services and unmatched industry expertise, the Amdocs M2M and Connected Home solutions enable service providers to simplify the experience for their customers and create new revenue streams to stay ahead of the competition.”
Cellular M2M connections are forecast to grow from 135 million in 2011 to 2.3 billion by 2020, according to Machina Research*, whilst research from Parks Associates** shows a great potential for service providers in the emerging connected home market. For example, 12 percent of US consumers and 9 percent of Western European consumers are highly interested in home security and home automation, and 19 percent of Western European consumers are highly interested in an energy monitoring service.
“With their large subscriber bases, existing marketing channels and retail presence, service providers are well positioned to win a significant share of the connected device markets,” said Kurt Scherf, Vice President and Principal Analyst at Parks Associates. “Amdocs’ solutions offer low cost of entry, support for many industry verticals and the proven integration capabilities needed by a service provider to quickly deliver a truly personalized experience for their partners and subscribers.”
#According to Amdocs’ internal testing, simulation or test case deployments. Benefits will vary depending on customer implementation.
* Source: Machina Research, M2M Global Forecast and Analysis 2010-20, October 2011
** Source: Parks Associates, Cloud-based Value-added Services, 2011
- More information on Amdocs M2M and Connected Home solutions
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company’s website
- Subscribe to Amdocs’ RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
For 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers’ success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.2 billion in fiscal 2011, Amdocs and its over 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs’ Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs’ growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs’ ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company’s products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, filed on December 8, 2011.